Tuesday, July 12, 2011

2011 - NZ To SF - Day 60

Day 60: (12 July 2011):
- Wake up after Logan has shower. Tired but need to be at school for 10-12 pickup of my boxes.
- Get there ~9-9:30. Final re-packing. change belt & jeans.
- Pantless in office, James stare at me & didn’t notice. Others walk in & crack up. Porter: “classic Markli.”
- Write while wait for courier.
- Courier arrive 12. Some students heading down gives us a hand. Loaded 11 items into large truck.
- See GD work of one group. Never get to go back to see more & other group.
- Lunch with Steffan @ Queen’s Ferry. Monteith’s Black & fish & chips.
- Buy souveniers from From N to Z. The people recognize me as repeat visitor, one recognises me from CS too. the person who helped me pick out & explain my hei matau.
- Final preparing of files, copy, etc. Pack computer, etc.
- Had to use express courier due to computer battery. Maybe I should have just put battery in my pack. $230 (1/2 cost of shipping my boxes! (which turned out to be much more with customs and warehouse costs), cheap tracked is $150 % cheapest in $110. To ship battery alone is $70-$80, so just bite the bullet & spend $240 total on shipping & packing materials.
- Didn’t get to say bye to staff & students. A few students see me & say bye to me before I left.
- O’Carroll’s: a few staff meet me there. Finish Guiness card: only one last one left, free. Fill out form. Supposedly takes a long time to hear back, but I should get a T-shirt. They send the stickers for my name on the Guiness board too! (Got an e-mail welcoming me to the Guiness club a while after I get to SF).
- Finish off night drinking with Steffan @ Cassette 9.
- No steak, Steffan has to go home for dinner.
- Cab: I get dropped @ Pan Asia ~ 9:40. Have green curry.
- I sleep ~1am. Logan work until 4am.
- Get e-mail saying 10 packages, just under 1 cubic m. I e-mail back asking them to count again, as should be 11 items.

No comments:

Post a Comment