Wednesday, July 18, 2007

2007 - Post-Graduation Mediterranean - Day 45

Day 45:

- Goto day tour. Bought ferry tour tickets then found everyone on the "traditional" ship.
- Volcano. very hot, black rocks. Many craters. one mound of black rock from last eruption.
- Many craters. one hole/sulpoher vent with thin "steam" exiting. Put hand in, hot.
- Miss ferry so take the "traditional" boat. More rocky.
- Parked off hot springs, jump in water and swim.
- Red water and warm. Smell like iron rust. Dead figh, but I did not see them. Bubbles and hot rocks.
- Very squishy mud that stains. Many rub on skin. I did a bit.
- Thyrassia: they eat lunch. I miss donkey by a minute so I walk up behind. Smelly.
- Charming village. Small alleyways, white walls, blue roofs. Very few people. Sat, ate bread, waiting to dry.
- Bought water from small very quaint shop.
- Swim after I return.
- Ia: touristy with many resorts. Pools look very nice.
- Old patriarch and kid ringing church bells.
- Ate souvlaki and made way to sunset. Cool alleyway.
- Packet with people. Lost David and Andre. They did not see me at castle place, they go to other side to view.
- I watch sunset at a castle place, they go to other side of windmill. Clapping after sunset.
- Great colours on town. Small marina below cliffs below. Stand on internal ledge. Good view.
- Waited at top. Did not see them. Try another road but was dead end.
- Got to station at 9.
- Could not find bus so talked way onto first bus to Perissa.
- Met South Africa (living in Malawi now) kid with family. AFter left, missed family and when I was young.
- Get to hostel. do not see them, then they arrive few minutes later.
- I didn't feel well so doto bed. Andre with Portugese.
- Decide stay extra night.

No comments:

Post a Comment